Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Caterpiller Kid


If you don't know already, Matthew LOVES caterpillers. Last year was the first year that he really showed interest in them. They collected a jar full of them and when I say full I mean FULL. There had to have been at least 30 in the jar. They fed them for a while and then I suggested they let them go. So the ones that where still alive would have a chance to become butterflies. They probably became bird food but we can hope.


So this year when we saw the first caterpiller and notified Matthew....

he came running. This is the photo of him finding out.



They were only allowed to collect a few this year.


Our yard is a breeding ground for caterpillers. You think I'm joking?!



I hope I didn't gross anyone out. These are just 3 on the areas where they hatched. I know of at least 2 more and who knows how many we couldn't see. They had fun while it lasted. I know they are looking forward to next spring.

No comments: